Tuesday 8 December 2015

Christmas in summer

Christmas will come to New Zealand. Even if the snow won't.

Summer Christmas feels strange to me. The traditions are almost the same as back home. They just don't really fit. Santa wears a heavy, red robe and large boots. Little children sit on his lap wearing jandals, shorts and t-shirts. Houses are decorated with beautiful lights, that you can see clearly when the sun sets late in the evening. That's all right though. You can take a late night walk and see the Christmas lights. It'll still be above 15 degrees at midnight.

Christmas spirit from home
I am blessed with an amazing family. All the way from Denmark, they have sent me Christmas presents, advent gifts and decorations that remind me of childhood. Every day in December, they send me pictures of life and preparations for Christmas at home.

Snowflake from Denmark
Packing presents to send back the other way

No more mussels for me
I hate to admit it, but I might be allergic to green lip mussels. I'm going to have to stay away from them at least until I get an allergy test. Pretty much lost another day due to them this weekend.

Sooo tasty :(

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to go to Franklin Road at the City ! The Christmas lights are so impressive throughout the street! You would love it!Trust me! :)

    Did you again get sick with mussels?

    ReplyDelete