Tuesday 22 December 2015

New flatmates!

I've been so busy this month. It feels like we have been celebrating every day since our new flatmates moved in. Bruno from Quebec, Jordan from New Zealand, and Yadira from Mexico all arrived two weeks ago.

Bruno is a couchsurfing engineer, who gets to take very long vacations during the Canadian winter. We helped him buy a motorbike so he can start travelling New Zealand.

Happy as
Bruno with his new bike

Jordan is a Maori who will be living with us for three months. He is teaching us the real way to pronounce the names of the places. A lot of places have Maori names and most often English pronunciation is so wrong.

Yadira is a fun, energetic girl. She has already made Mexican food for us twice, taken us to dance salsa and made sure we know how tequila is supposed to taste.

We're getting sushi while Bruno negotiates the price of the bike

West coast fascination
Perhaps I've talked too much about the West Coast of New Zealand already, so I'll just show you the pictures.

Gannet colony at Muriwai
Gannets need upwinds to fly, because they are fat birds


Santa
Tomorrow I'll be playing Santa at the office. I have been told, that it involves me handing out the presents from our secret Santa game and also that people will have their pictures taken while sitting on my lap. It sounds kinda weird to me, but I'm sure it will be fun and not awkward...

1 comment:

  1. Bet you can't wait to have your boss sit on your knee

    ReplyDelete