Monday 30 November 2015

Surfing at Muriwai

A very wet street festival
We always have drinks on the last Friday of the month. This time, we went to a street festival after that. Had an oyster, a burger and an overpriced beer. It was cool, but I didn't stay long. It wasn't just raining. It was pouring down. Flooding the streets.

Rain over Auckland

Couchsurfers
Sin Jat is back in the flat and suddenly it's a lot more lively here. This last week, he invited couchsurfers from Germany, The Netherlands and France. It's cool that he has both the space and kindness to do that.

Bon appetit, Enjoy, Eet Smakelijk, 吃好, velbekomme

Surfing at Muriwai
Sunday I learned to surf. Jenni, James and I had a surf lesson at Muriwai together. Great fun. We had a real surfer dude teach us too. Dylan. Cool as.

I've been wanting to go surfing for a long time, so it was great to have it finally happen. Thanks to Phil for organising it, even though he couldn't surf himself. It definitely won't be my last time. Perhaps I have found another hobby?


A photo posted by Jenni Anderson (@jennirebekah4) on


Jenni is off to Europe soon (I'll be skip that winter, thank you very much). Travel safe, Jenni. Have a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this post! I'm so jealous ! :) (for the dinner and surf) I would like be there with you! :( ;)

    ReplyDelete