Saturday 26 December 2015

Summer holidays

Christmas was yesterday. Today it is summer. Tomorrow it will be New Year's Eve. Or at least that's how it feels.

Christmas was great. The office party started at noon on our last day of work and lasted until a little after midnight. Such fun. 

On Christmas Eve I didn't do much - the important day is Christmas Day. That's when you unwrap the presents and have a family party. Of course my family is back in Denmark, but I was kindly invited by Leon, a flatmate, to share the celebration with his family. We shared a Christmas lunch with way too much good food and chocolate fudge. Later we played a hilarious game of Cards Against Humanity. You have to know the game to get just how funny that is to play when you have three generations at the table.

The time difference allowed me to Skype with my family when we all opened our presents at the appropriate time (Christmas Eve in Denmark). That was really nice. Can't wait to see them in a months time.

Now I'm in Raglan. A very summerly town. There is almost nothing here except surf hire shops and hostels. The place I'm staying tonight is both.

No comments:

Post a Comment