Sunday 4 October 2015

Meet up

This week was a bit average. There was nothing particularly bad about it, but a couple of things just didn't work out the way I had hoped.

Open day at the marina
Saturday the main harbour in Auckland hosted an open day event. I arrived early, eager to take part, only to find the harbour almost empty. Not too surprised, I went to a bakery to get a pie for breakfast. Very Kiwi of me.
When I returned, the harbour still felt empty. The busiest area was the car park, where there was a car boot sale on. I visited a couple of the sailing clubs, trying to find a way to go sailing. No luck. One of them offered me to go sailing in a Splash. I showed polite interest, but honestly... I'm not a kid.
The other sailing club I visited didn't seem to care about it being open day at all. I'm sure I could have been persistent enough to find a crew there, but I didn't feel welcome. So I left. Disappointed.

The most interesting part of the open day for me
was reading the history of Lipton Cup
It is sailed in boats like the one in the model


 

No longer on Tinder
After two weeks of swiping left and right, I've given up on Tinder. I haven't managed to get a single conversation from the 15 matches I have had. The only reply I got was from a bot. I have no idea whether that is common or not, but I'm disappointed.

Joining Meetup
I'm not giving up completely though. I've joined Meetup.com instead. Now that might sound like the same thing to you, but it's not an actual online dating site. Meetup is an event site, where you join groups of people who have similar interests to yourself and then attend their events. So I've joined a group of people who are tired of online dating. They organise dating. No irony intended.

I also joined a lot of other groups, so hopefully I'll start going to lots of fun events.

No comments:

Post a Comment