Sunday 16 August 2015

All Blacks crush the Wallabies

The All Blacks crushed the Wallabies yesterday in a highly anticipated match for the Bledisloe Cup. Ross and I watched the game from a bar in Sky City. It would have been great to be in Eden Park, but all 48.000 tickets sold out before we got around to buying some.

But watching the game from a pub is another part of Kiwi culture, that I am excited to be part of. I think that's how most people watch the games, because you need an expensive Sky TV package to watch them from home. At first we went to a sports bar, but it was full.

According to the doorman this bar is full

Then we went upstairs to a much cooler bar, with better video and sound.

Sky City is a cool place.
It's fancy, futuristic and all about entertainment

Sadly we were not in time to watch the Haka (starts at 3.22)

It was a great game and I'm glad that I have learned enough of the rules by now to appreciate that. The rest of the night is as blurry as the pictures on my phone. I remember losing my keys and Ross's jumper and getting both back before the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment