Saturday 13 June 2015

A day at Long Bay

I have been to Long Bay before, but this time I brought my running shoes and a determination to explore the area. The tide tables told me the low would be at 4 pm. Perfect.

Long Bay regional park
Long Bay is not just a beach, it is a large regional park next to a marine reserve. It has marked hiking routes and I had chosen one on the map at home. First, it led me through the grassy park. Here I met a lot of people walking around or preparing barbecues and many birds.


The park is an overlooked part of Long Bay
This bird has a funny walk and a bobbing headdress
The track led e on a hilly walk with a great view of the sea

Low tide
At the end of the track there is a beach with a warning sign.

Scream and run into the sea if rocks fall

But I knew that and I arrived at 3:30 pm in perfect timing with the tide.

Two girls are riding their horses in the shallow water
Otherwise the beach is deserted
I quite enjoy the solitude
It feels like walking under water
The beach is diverse and beautiful
I wonder where those rocks came from...
In the end I return to Long Bay
It's not really long, but it is a wide beach

No comments:

Post a Comment