Sunday 26 July 2015

My first project

My training at NeedScope is going well. I'm at a stage where I have realised there are a lot of things I don't know yet. That's a lot better than knowing everything, because it holds promise. By the end of my six month training, I will be a true NeedScope expert.

At the moment I am working on the project with Israel, that I told you about last week. It's a great project, because it's fast, it's full on and it's mine. Collaborating with the Israelis is very easy. They are timely, structured and professional, I just have to be the same and I am sure it will be a great success.

Sending Brad off
Senior researcher, Brad, left for UK this week. Sad to see him go, but I guess that was part of the reason both Eri and I were hired. What's even better is it meant another goodbye celebration. We went to The Oakroom, a restaurant next door to the office for lunch and later to Sweat Shop Brew Bar for drinks.

The restaurants in our area all seem to be brand new and stylish

Trying new food
I like to buy all sorts of food, that I don't know. I'll often buy food, just because I've never seen it before. The best is if I can buy something I don't even know what is. That's great. But less can do. New product varieties, local fruit variants and all things Asian are good too.

Obviously, when you don't know what you are buying you are bound to be surprised. It's a hit and miss kind of thing. This week for example, I cooked a curry that almost killed Andrew (miss) and had a plum soup soft drink (hit!).

My throat burned from inhaling chili filled air while I made this
I like the label and the heavy non standard can.
Product name: Plum Soup
Ingredients: Plum Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment