Sunday 1 May 2016

Sydney and Whangamata

Last weekend I went to Sydney on a visit to my friend Ross. Jordan and Elina also joined us and we had a great time exploring Sydney together.

Beautiful weather on our first day in Sydney
Ugly birds everywhere
Jordan and Elina stayed in a hostel in King's Cross
Sofia, a friend of Elina's, lives near Bondi beach
Because Sofia is an au pair
We could party in her family's rooftop garden
Sydney can be so over the top
We had pancake breakfast at a place dedicated
to revolutionising how we think about chocolate
The Sydney Opera House lives up to the hype
Bondi does too
Waves at Bondi
Ross, Lisa and I are ready for a jet boat ride
Very ready
What better way to see the harbour?
Thank you Ross and Lisa


Whangamata
This weekend I went with my new Bay2Bay friends to Whangamata.
 
I met them on a Sunday swim two weeks ago
It was too warm to wear my wetsuit that day
I'm so glad they convinced me to come to Whangamata
Everyone is excited for the swim
It's a swim safari
Leisurely pace, beautiful islands, clear water
We call the second island "donut island"
We swam through the cave to get in here
See the hole in the middle? That's where the lagoon is
"If I was fish, this would totally be my spot" - heard on the beach
Short stop on Hauturu Island before the final swim
Lovely barbeque after the swim
Families, steaks and beers in the bach
So Kiwi
Skinny dip after sundown
Yes, it was very dark
In fact it wasn't. The starlight was amazing. And even more amazingly, there was light in the water from fluorescent algae. Combine that with dark, rolling waves and incredible, naked people. That's a memory for life.

Onemata beach Sunday morning
Thanks for taking me Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment