Sunday 20 September 2015

Feeling Kiwi

Friday was a colourful day at the office. Everyone was wearing a "loud" shirt, supporting deaf children. I won a box of chocolates for wearing the loudest shirt (sorry, no pictures).

Saturday I bought myself a pair of jandals and shouted "Try!" at a rugby game. I'm feeling Kiwi this week.

Became a little more Kiwi, by buying a pair of jandals

Work's good
I'm not too busy, so I'm doing "weird and wonderful things" as Phil put it. Well, mostly vector math, really, but it's complicated enough to keep my mind busy throughout the commute back home. Just how I like it.

Thursday I signed up for a random industry event. It turned out to be a yearly function/party hosted by one of our suppliers. Pretty cool. Lots of market researchers having free drinks at a fashionable cocktail bar and some interesting professional stuff too.

Whangaparaoa
My second week with a car has been less adventurous than the first one. We went North again, but only as far as Whangaparaoa and Orewa. It's a much smaller and closer than I thought it would be. Just a little peninsula 20 minutes away with a marina full of expensive boats. On the pier, people were catching fish at an impressive rate. Three guys caught four fish while we watched them with mild interest.

Gulf harbour looking South back at Auckland
Had dinner, saw a man dance like Michael Jackson and
got lost in a crowd of Asians at the Glenfield markets

Now on Tinder
I'm nervous. Not about rejections, there's nothing easier. I'm nervous about what happens if a girl swipes right. Awkward. Awful. Oh well, other people find it fun, so I'm sure it will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment