Sunday 10 May 2015

Visit from home

Right now I am having a quiet moment. I am sitting in the living room looking out of the French door. Outside I see water, the Hauruki Gulf is calm today. A single white sail punctures the endless blue. The boat drifts slowly through the water so as not to disturb the peaceful mood of the sea.

An amazing view
that you can't see because it's too sunny

Saturday morning
It is a good day today. I have been waiting for it all week. Today is the day my Danish friends (the girls I visited in Wellington) come to visit. They are asleep right now in my room, exhausted after the long bus ride from Wellington to Auckland. I knew they would be, so I had prepared the morning for them with a nice breakfast, a dip in the spa, a shower and then finally a bed. I imagine they will appreciate the bed most of all, after their 8 hour bus drive through the night.

Good morning Tilde (2:00 pm)

A weekend full of plans
We have a lot of plans for the weekend. Tonight we will have a barbecue and a party, tomorrow we will do exactly the same as last Sunday. Go to church and to the Chinese restaurant afterwards. By the time we are done with that I hope any potential hangovers will be gone and we will be ready for more adventures. Monday and Tuesday I will have to work, while they explore Auckland on their own and Tuesday evening it's time for the Backstreet Boys concert.

Sunday evening at Long Bay

May is the coldest month of the year you know...

More visits
Earlier in the week I had a visit from another Danish friend. I met Djernæs in the city Monday after work. It was his second-last day in New Zealand after a three month stay. He has had a great adventure travelling the country as a backpacker. After a while he settled in Christchurch and found a job in construction. Although that may seem less glamorous than the wild life as a backpacker, I can definitely relate to the feeling of wanting a home. I feel like we have both come to the same conclusion: exploring places is fun, but living in places is where the real experience awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment