Friday 19 December 2014

When dreams turn into a ticket

It's been a long time now. In June I was considering my options, but I had the dream much earlier than that. Two years ago I lived the dream of working as an expatriate, but it wasn't meant to last. This time I'll also be coming home, but there's no return date on the ticket...

These days have few things to do and much time to think. Sometimes I'm nervous, but it's really unlike me to be nervous so it doesn't last for long. Most of the time I just want to prepare as well as I possibly can. It's not like I can come back and get it if I forget something in Denmark, but while I do tend to forget a lot I'm not afraid of not having enough things in my suitcase. You can buy most things anyway. When I do get nervous it's about my whole plan. Is this really the best way of setting myself up for a good time and a happy life? I don't have a chance of answering that, but I have made up my mind to go for it.

I booked the ticket today. It's for January the 12th at 2:00 pm from Copenhagen airport. After 6 hours in the air I'll be in Dubai, where I will have a layover of 2 hours before I continue to Melbourne. There I will have another layover before a final flight to my destination, Auckland. At that time it will be early morning in New Zealand. It will be summer. And my world will be flipped upside down.

By then I will be ready to present my Visa and start my Kiwi life.

No comments:

Post a Comment